- Grow one of North America's most important pine trees from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Ponderosa Pine (Pinus ponderosa) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Fun and educational — great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Ponderosa Pine
The mighty Ponderosa Pine (Pinus ponderosa) is often regarded as North America's most important pine tree, dominating forests in every western state, and ranging into Canada and Mexico as well. Pinus ponderosa is known by many names throughout its vast range, including Western Yellow Pine, Blackjack Pine, Bull Pine, Heavy Pine, Longleaf Pine, and most commonly, Ponderosa Pine. In Montana, Ponderosa Pine is celebrated as the State Tree.
This impressive, wide-ranging species tolerates an amazing diversity of climates, altitudes, and soils, and can live for centuries, growing to heights of over 300 feet, with soaring, column-like trunks more than 8 feet across. A slow grower in its first decade, Ponderosa Pine grows faster as it ages, ultimately acquiring a magnificent physique, characterized by muscular branches; burnished tufts of long, green-gold needles (5" – 13"); large, cinnamon-red cones; and a regal-looking, almost perfectly straight trunk, richly clad in great plates of bronze-colored bark. Ponderosa Pine tolerates heat and drought, and is extremely cold-hardy. It can be cultivated almost anywhere, and is a beautiful and statuesque tree at every stage of its life.