- Grow your own flowering tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Flowering Dogwood
Everything needed to grow a Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida) from seed, a beloved native throughout the Eastern United States, ranging all the way down into north-central Florida. Tolerating a variety of climates and conditions, Flowering Dogwood grows naturally in 30 states and is the State Tree of both Missouri and Virginia.
The Flowering Dogwood Tree makes a marvelous addition to yard or garden, displaying nice symmetry and a rounded form that usually does not require pruning. These qualities, along with the Dogwood's attractive red berries, gorgeous fall color, and its famous spring bouquet of bright white flowers make the tree a highlight in many landscapes. Flowering Dogwoods typically reach heights of 20 to 25 feet, with crown spreads of 20 to 30 feet.
Dogwoods can handle full shade, full sun, and everything in between, so they can be planted in a variety of locations for a variety of uses, from patio trees for light shade, to color sources along borders, to specimen ornamentals in lawns or groundcover beds. Several hours of daily sun exposure is best for these lovely trees, and they also prefer deep, rich, well-drained, sandy or loam soils. Planting locations with heavy, wet soils are not recommended.