- Grow one of Washington D.C.'s iconic cherry trees from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Flowering Cherry Blossom from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Flowering Cherry Blossom
Each year, the National Mall and Memorial Parks celebrates the gift of ornamental cherry trees from Tokyo, Japan. In a ceremony on March 27, 1912, First Lady Helen Herron Taft and Viscountess Chinda — wife of the Japanese Ambassador — planted the first two trees of the thousands that were shipped to Washington, D.C. Mrs. Taft had lobbied for several years to have cherry trees planted throughout Washington, D.C., which was going through an urban redevelopment. The suggested areas included the area of the city then known as the “Speedway”; now it is Potomac Park.
Here's a Grow Kit that can bring the beauty of cherry blossom trees to your own yard or garden, and, each spring, you'll be greeted by a riot of pink flowers in celebration of your home's very own Cherry Blossom festival!