**Back ordered until 8/31**
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Flowering Cherry Blossom from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- Richly symbolic of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Flowering Cherry Blossom
In Japan, cherry blossoms symbolize clouds due to their nature of blooming en masse, besides being an enduring metaphor for the ephemeral nature of life, an aspect of Japanese cultural tradition that is often associated with Buddhistic influence, and which is embodied in the concept of mono no aware, literally "the pathos of things" and also translated as "an empathy toward things". The association of the cherry blossom with mono no aware dates back to 18th-century scholar Motoori Norinaga. The transience of the blossoms, the extreme beauty and quick death, has often been associated with mortality; for this reason, cherry blossoms are richly symbolic, and have been utilized often in Japanese art, manga, anime, and film, as well as at musical performances for ambient effect. The flower is also represented on all manner of consumer goods in Japan, including kimono, stationery, and dishware.
Here's a Grow Kit in our classic Parks Collection interpretive packaging that can bring the beauty of two different cherry blossom trees to your own yard or garden, and, each spring, you'll be greeted by a riot of pink flowers in celebration of your home's very own Cherry Blossom festival!