- Grow the official State Tree of Colorado from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea pungens) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Colorado Blue Spruce
Colorado’s State Tree, the distinctive Blue Spruce, is the most popular ornamental tree in North America, and is known and loved throughout the world for its amazing blue-grey color and graceful symmetry. Blue Spruce first gained recognition among Europeans in 1862 upon Dr. C.C. Parry’s “discovery” of the remarkable silvery-blue species at Pike’s Peak in Colorado. Although Blue Spruce are native to higher elevations (up to 11,000 feet) primarily in the Rockies of Colorado and Wyoming, the species has been successfully cultivated in gardens and towns all around the world.
Blue Spruce is an imposing, long-lived, slow-growing conifer, typically 80 to 100 feet tall at maturity with trunk diameters of 2 to 4 feet. The largest Blue Spruce is 150 feet tall, measuring more than 16 feet around the trunk. The oldest known specimen is at least 600 years old. Blue Spruce make a great showcase ornamental, a fine windbreak, or an excellent container-grown living Christmas Tree.